Monday, December 13, 2010

Days 3 and 4:

I typed up a version of the Christmas Pageant and I'm going to put it on with my family. We're going to tape it and play it on Christmas Eve. That is the plan, anyways. There is much to do. Like where are we giong to have each scene? What about all the costumes? And who is going to play the donkey? Ava is going to play the baby Jesus, and she is so excited. She's pudgy and five months old, but she'll have to do. I'm going to be Mary, I think. And since Cameron won't play Joseph, I've asked Henry to do it. Haha. I think it's going to be great. I walked around for awhile the other night with pillow in my shirt and some sheets wrapped around me. I really thought I was Mary. Then we watched "The Nativity Story" and I was just in love with it all.

Yesterday I visited my elderly neighbors, Gordon and Grace. They are in their early nineties and Gordon is half paralyzed from his stroke. I hadn't visited them in a while. I sat and talked with them for a while and promised I'd come back later. And I did. I brought Mollee, Carter, and Ava with me this time, along with some homemade heath candy and banana bread. It was a lot of fun. Gordon was laughing and smiling as Ava grabbed his hands and ferociously tried to eat his knuckles with her gums. It really brightened his day, I think. Also I invited them to come over on Christmas day, because they had no plans. I joked with Grace, saying we could pull Gordon over in a sled, and she just laughed and laughed. I also decided to get Grace a movie for Christmas. Her favorite, Gone with the Wind. I also want to take Grace shopping with me, because I know that she rarely ever leaves her house, and she would enjoy it. I don't know if she would leave Gordon by himself though.. We'll have to see.