Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Day

I think Christmas is about learning to spend time with and trying to get along with your family. That is what I mostly did today. But it really is just a day of normal colors. Only I never left the house. I did ask to understand God and Jesus this Christmas. I think it is amazing that the whole month of December is just building up and building up to this moment, to this day. And yet, after the initial opening of the gifts, the rest of the day feels like an anticlimax. Maybe Christmas Day, like the prom, really isn't all it's cracked up to be. After weeks of planning, pruning, purchasing, the day finally arrives, and what? It's over in twelve hours, give or take. You're left with a mess, a topsy state of mind, and memories that could go either way on the enjoyable scale. I don't know. Christmas has been so twisted and flipped around throughout the ages that it's hard to know what it's supposed to mean. I know it's cliche. But it probably is what you make of it. I don't know. I'm done. Happy Christmas.