Saturday, February 13, 2010

Hurrah

Today was Hannah's 11th birthday. We were all sitting around the dining room table awaiting our chocolate-coated fruit and ice cream. Mom lit one of our large scented candles, (we couldn't find the birthday candles), and began a chorus of "Happy Birthday". Only I sang "Poopy Birthday". Mature, I know. Anyways, right as the song finished, Carter tried to blow out Hannah's birthday candle but she put an end to that by smacking him in the face. My mom started yelling at her and my dad said "This is our family." Then my mom yelled my dad for being "inappropriate" and they had a scuffle about what was really inappropriate. Carter cried as Hannah blew out her candle nonchalantly and my mom stormed off to her bedroom. Then I watched as Cameron unsuccessfully tried to eat a stawberry but it flew out of his mouth. I kept dipping my sweatshirt in the ice cream and Robert continually screamed from his high chair. This is our family.